Getting Here by Public Transportation
* The BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) rail system connects Berkeley with downtown Oakland, downtown San Francisco, and both San Francisco (SFO) and Oakland (OAK) airports.
* From OAK, take the $2 AirBART shuttle bus from any terminal to reach the Coliseum BART station, and take a train marked Richmond; get off at the Downtown Berkeley station. Travel time is about half an hour, trains run every 15 minutes.
* From SFO, take BART directly from inside the International terminal. The train will be marked San Francisco/Dublin/Pleasanton and you will have to transfer at Balboa Park station to board a Richmond train (same platform). Travel time is about an hour, trains run every 15 minutes.
* From downtown Berkeley, you can either walk to Soda Hall (takes about 15 minutes) or catch the Perimeter Shuttle, which runs every 12 minutes (:00, :12, etc.) and costs $1. Board the shuttle near the Bank of America on the corner of Shattuck and Center streets and ask the driver to let you off at Cory Hall. Soda Hall is the large green building across the street from Cory.
Driving from Oakland Airport or the East Bay
* Driving time is 25-30 minutes with no traffic, 40-45 minutes with moderate (typical) traffic.
* Take Interstate 880 north to Interstate 980 (Downtown Oakland) to Interstate 80 East.
* Exit I-80 east at University Avenue and turn right at the top of the ramp. Continue to the end of University Avenue and turn left (this is Oxford Street), but stay in the right lane so you can make an immediate right onto Hearst Avenue. Continue past the traffic light at Euclid Ave.
Driving from the Peninsula, San Francisco, or SFO Airport
* Driving time from SFO is about 45 minutes with no traffic, about an hour with moderate (typical) traffic; can be far worse at rush hours.
* Take Highway 101 North to the Bay Bridge and go across the bridge. Follow signs for Interstate 80 East; then proceed as above.
Parking Instructions for Par Lab Visitors
* You must arrange for a parking pass prior to your visit.
* The parking garage is located one block up Hearst Avenue from Soda Hall at La Loma Avenue.
* You must park on the 2nd level in the area marked "F" parking area (located on Hearst and La Loma). If there are no parking spaces available, the lot attendant will park your car for you. If there are no parking spaces, then there is also “F” parking in the parking lot next to the parking garage structure on the corner of La Loma and Ridge Road.
* If you plan to stay beyond 5pm, and the parking attendant has parked your car and has your car keys, then you *must* pick your keys up before 5pm (this is when the parking attendant goes off duty).
Par Lab Building Entrance
* Enter Soda Hall from Le Roy Avenue. The Par Lab is located in 565 Soda Hall on the 5th floor.